As I continue to promote and advocate for the Jennifer Act I am constantly encouraged by those individuals and organizations that are working diligently to help those suffering from addiction. Below you will find some useful resources and partners. If you have a resource you would like to add please email it to me.
Resources and Partners
1. NET Training Institute – Center for Addiction & Recovery Resources
The NET Institute offers over 450 hours of self-paced online addiction training. Technology enabled learning (distance learning) offers many benefits such as: affordability, consistency and quality of education content, self-paced flexibility in the timing of the course offerings (i.e. start date / length of program), and the ability to accommodate a learner’s other responsibilities, such as full-time jobs or family needs. The NET Institute offers a unique learning experience through a state-of-the art technology platform which is conveniently available 24 hours a day. This means that you can get started right away and learn from anywhere in the world around the clock year-round.
NTI’s recovery, counseling and addiction course work meets the criteria established by predominant national and international organizations which offer credentials in addiction. NTI’s curriculum and training materials consistently meet professional standards recognized by the federal agency called SAMHSA, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration which is part of the Department of Health and Human Services in the US federal government. NTI’s training materials meet the standards in SAMHSA’s Treatment Assistance Publication: TAP 21: Addiction Counseling Competencies: Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes.
2. PLS Print – Printing company in Clearwater, Florida that provides graphic design, printing, and mailing services.
PLS Print is a proud sponsor of The Jennifer Act and other substance abuse prevention and awareness organizations. They provide printing and graphic design work at reduced prices as a way of showing support for this important issue of drug and alcohol abuse. Visit the website plsprint.com to find out more about this company.
3. Addiction Treatment and Your Health Coverage – A useful article describing how health insurance coverage effects addiction treatment.
View the PDF – Addiction Treatment and Your Health Coverage.
4. AddictionCenter.com – A great resource for those who are struggling, or have a loved one that is struggling, with addiction. They have resources for treatment centers and counselors.
5. The Moyer Foundation – Through the generosity of a giving community, The Moyer Foundation supports programs that directly serve critical needs of children in severe distress. Since its inception, The Moyer Foundation has raised millions of dollars to help support hundreds of different programs that help children in distress in a variety of ways.
In addition to helping children in Washington State, The Moyer Foundation created and funds Camp Erin, the largest network of free bereavement camps in the country for children and teens who are grieving a significant loss; Camp Mariposa, for children affected by addiction in their families; and community partnerships to help raise awareness and support initiatives that share in the mission of helping children in distress.
7. RehabCenter.net – At RehabCenter.net, we give you all the information you will need to choose the best rehab strategy, find aftercare support, determine whether your health insurance covers your treatment, and win back your life.
8. addictionresource.com – Addiction Resource was founded in 2005 to provide a community for those recovering from addiction and to help patients find the highest quality care for a successful recovery. Our goal is to provide resources to help patients and their loved ones so that they may stay on the road to recovery, and can successfully overcome addiction for life. We believe in our ability to help improve the lives of others, and belief is what motivates us to educate and support our readers every day.
9. rehabnet.com – What is RehabNet.com? Their Mission: Let’s not forget our seniors and their families. Let’s give them the best support, information, resources and tools to overcome addiction and pursue lifelong recovery. We are here to help you and your loved one every step of the way.
10. addictionpolicyforum.org – The Addiction Policy Forum is a diverse partnership of organizations, policymakers and stakeholders committed to working together to elevate awareness around addiction and to improve national policy through a comprehensive response that includes prevention, treatment, recovery and criminal justice reform.